The Bowen Technique is a highly effective, non-invasive, soft tissue therapy and one of the fastest growing complementary therapies in Europe.
Bowen is a subtle and gentle treatment, using just fingers and thumbs. The moves are focused on crucial junctions of muscle, bone and nerve pathways. Sets of these moves are then alternated and in between sets, the client is left to rest for a few minutes. The pauses give time for the body to respond.
The effect of the Bowen move is to create a gentle ‘disturbance’ in the underlying fascia, which in turn prompts a central nervous system reaction triggering responses such as repair, realignment, muscle spasm release and, very commonly, a sense of well being and reduced anxiety.
Most people respond to Bowen, and many conditions are completely resolved in the first few treatments. The treatment is so relaxing that it also has the effect of calming the emotional system, hence remarkable results are achieved with children with autism and behavioural problems.
The following are some of the common complaints and conditions that can respond very well to Bowen Technique:
Headaches, migraine, tinnitus/glue ear, infant colic, hay fever, jaw movement restriction
- Neck & shoulder pain, whiplash, frozen shoulder, back pain, sciatica, musculo-skeletal injuries, post-operative pain
- Asthma, bronchial/respiratory problems
- Tennis elbow, carpal tunnel, Reynauld’s syndrome, RSI
- Kidney problems, IBS, digestive conditions
- Pregnancy & fertility issues, menstrual problems/PMT
- Conditions requiring lymphatic drainage
- Depression, anxiety and stress, chronic fatigue syndrome/ME, MS, peripheral neuropathy
Allow 60 minutes for treatment.
£65 per session
Therapists providing Bowen Technique